Awards and News Articles
Jerry Diaz’s dedication and skill have earned him numerous accolades and awards. He is a lifetime member and director of the National Western Stock Show and the San Antonio Livestock Show and Rodeo.
Jerry has earned several awards throughout his career, including the Federation of Charros’ Golden Spur Award. The Golden Spur Award recognizes those who personify the strict charro traditions and skills in horsemanship.
On June 1, 2006 Jerry was recognized for his dedication to the cowboy tradition at Ford Motor Company’s San Antonio VIP Reception for the IMAX film, “Ride Around the World – The Amazing Global Journey of the Cowboy.”
NATIONAL COWBOYS OF COLOR MUSEUM & HALL OF FAME
On October 20, 2005, Charro Jerry Diaz was honored with induction to the National Cowboys of Color Museum & Hall of Fame. For more information, please visit: cowboysofcolor.org
Texas Trail of Fame
Jerry was inducted into the Texas Trail of Fame in Fort Worth, Texas. The trail of fame recognizes those who have made a significent contribution to the western lifestyle and heritage.
TEXAS COWBOY HALL OF FAME
On January 13, 2011 Jerry was inducted in to the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame. visit: texascowboyhalloffame.org
Below are a few of the articles that have been published about Jerry Diaz and his amazing skills.
Recognized throughout the world for his abilities, Jerry has been featured in several publications and television specials.
His television appearances include Good Morning America, PBS’s National Education Services and various appearances on Telemundo and Univision.
Jerry’s talents and skills have been featured in the American Quarterhorse Journal, Time Magazine and Newsweek.
- Charro performers bring pageantry to PRCA rodeo – 2016 Temple Daily Telegram
- Celebrating 20th year, Mexican rodeo dazzles at stock show – 2014 The Denver Post
- National Western Stock Show & Rodeo time in Denver – 2013
- Son Prepares to Take Mexican Rodeo Extravaganza Reins From Father – 2013
- Mexican Rodeo Extravaganza thrills Stock Show crowd – 2012
- 2012 Cowboys for Heroes – 2012
- Rodeo Hall of Famer Jerry Diaz leads charro tradition – 2012
- “Fiesta Mexicana – with Gerardo “Jerry Diaz” – 2011
- HW Brand Arena Systems – 2011
- Grand Opening of Lienzo Charro – 2011 Horse Gazette, p.25
- Charro de Corazon by Jerry Diaz – 2010 music
- “Jerry” Diaz: El alma hispana del Rodeo – 2009 article en Español
- Interview with Charro Jerry Diaz (audio) – 2009 Audio of interview with Charro Jerry Diaz from Equestrian Theater.
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo Magazine – 2008 Feature about Jerry and his participation in the Livestock Show and Rodeo.
- Vail Daily – July 2008 Article details Jerry’s appearance at an upcoming Fair.
- Rocky Mountain News – January 2008
- “Mexican Rodeo Extravaganza strides with flair into 14th year”
- Gerardo Jerry Diaz Performs at Horse Show – January 2008
- Press Release from San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo
- PurinaMills.com – 2008
- Star Performer Charro Jerry Diaz
- Horse Gazette – 2008
- Salute to Master Charro, Don Jose “Pepe” Diaz”
- Western Horseman – 2008 “Jerry Diaz brought the pageantry of charro horsemanship to the masses. Now, as he passes the lessons of four generations of horsemen on to his young son, Diaz hopes he’ll be remembered as more than just a specialty act.”
- Charro de Corazon – April, 2007 Feature article in Western Horseman, “Jerry Diaz brought the pageantry of charro horsemanship to the masses. Now, as he passes the lessons of four generations of horsemen on to his young son, Diaz hopes he’ll be remembered as more than just a specialty act.” This article was also featured in Western Horseman magazine.
- National Western Stock Show – (Special Events Area) January 2006 This article talks about Jerry Diaz’s involvement in the upcoming Mexican Rodeo Extravaganza January 8-9, 2006
- National Cowboys of Color Museum – 2005 – Hall of Fame Induction Jerry’s Hal of Fame biography.
- A Memorable Equine Fantasia – August, 2004 A very descriptive article of the Equine Fantasia Event held at the Three Mile Creek Ranch
- Gerardo Diaz to Dazzle National Horse Show with Charro Charm – November, 2004 This article details some of the rope artistry and skills performed by Charro Jerry Diaz.
- Charro – June, 2003 An article that details some of the events at the Mexican Rodeo
- Community Outreach, Jerry Diaz School Visits – November, 2006 Jerry to visit Denver, CO area schools as part of a community outreach program in November, 2006.